I am Justin Griffin, a Cumberland Presbyterian pastor who also teaches the Gospel through magic shows. I was born March 16, 1972. Since 2002, I’ve been married to my Proverbs 31 wife, Joanna Griffin who has worked with teaching children, music, drama, International Friendship, evangelism and women’s ministries. We have two wonderful girls we’re training up to follow the LORD. I enjoy exercising, target shooting, ballroom dancing, and sleight of hand illusions and have a background in martial arts. Because of my vision impairment, I have done ministry with organizations such as the Lions’ Club and the SC Commission for the Blind.
I. PERSONAL MISSION
My personal mission involves finding the lost and preparing God’s children for either their return to Christ or His Second Coming (Matthew 28:19-20).
II. CREDENTIALS and EDUCATION
Ordained by the Cumberland Presbyterian denomination – March 2008
Columbia International University, Columbia, SC – Master’s of Theology
Winthrop University, Rock Hill, SC - Bachelor’s in Social Work
III. WORK HISTORY
United CP Church, Norris City, IL Solo Pastor
New Hope CP Church, Whitwell, TN Solo Pastor
Rose Hill Church, Columbia, SC Pastoral Intern
IV. WORK EXPERIENCE
- Regular Sunday morning and evangelism preaching in an expository/didactic and winsome style. (I am neither a clown nor a dry piece of burnt toast.)
- Teaching-Teach several Bible studies using both self-written material as well as material from commentators like Matthew Henry. Started a new Sunday School class that focused on current events and how Christians should respond to them Biblically.
- Youth-Developed age-appropriate youth programs for ages 3-18 that centered on the Bible and incorporated fun activities with life application lessons.
- Outreach-Activities such as a gospel illusion show teaching the gospel using sleight of hand tricks, but then showing how the tricks are done so they know there is no such thing as magic. Started a CD/DVD ministry where sermons were recorded and placed throughout the community to give away for free. Initiated a live Sunday morning TV/Radio program. Served as host for 2012 Southern Illinois Bible Bee and events like Vacation Bible School and Christmas programs. Hosted evangelism cookouts.
- Visitation- Established a strong visitation program for the sick/shut-in and to invite surrounding community to church.
- Counseling- Biblical based counseling in the following areas: Serenity Point, a women’s help organization, family, marital, pre-marital, grief, addiction, etc.
- Created church newsletter, pamphlets, flyers and weekly sermon email. Construction of church calendar.
- Facilitated in and participated with local church fellowship groups.
- Performed marriages, baptisms and funerals.
- Authored a few books the latest being, “A Little Book on Prayer.”